Research and Development
All of our school improvement and development work is informed by the findings of educational research completed within our Teaching School Alliance, by partners or by national and international educational institutions.
All of our staff, be they School Direct Trainees or Senior Leaders are encouraged to access and engage with up to date educational research in order to understand how research can inform and develop practice in education.
Research is embedding into the training and development programmes of our staff at each stage of their career.
Current research and development projects are focused on:
- The needs of ASD students
- Embedding a growth mindset within maths
Recent research and development projects have focused on:
- Closing the gap for Black African and Caribbean students
- Supporting Behaviour for Learning with a student focused philosophy
- Developing a curriculum that is fit for purpose for the least able students
- Developing a growth mindset to improve resilience at ks4
Please contact us for more information