Outstanding Teacher Programme
The Outstanding Teacher Programme gives good (and outstanding) teachers a set of high level skills and strategies that enable them to become consistently and sustainably outstanding. It helps them to:
- Demonstrate higher level understanding of teaching and improve learning for their pupils
- Coach colleagues in their own school and in other schools across the Federation to raise performance and attainment
- Create a proactive school culture where the quality of teaching and learning is observed, discussed, challenged and enhanced
- Increase job satisfaction and create opportunities for further leadership and career progression
The programme is a key part of the OLEVI portfolio of school-to-school support which is helping to increase capacity and drive up standards in schools. Key benefits of this programme include helping teachers become consistently outstanding in all their professional activities and to have a significant impact on pupil achievement.
- Provides in-depth coaching to deepen teachers’ understanding of outstanding classroom practice.
- Participants improve through facilitated practice
- Activities as structured opportunities to reflect on teaching approaches and their quality and impact. Introduces and consolidates new knowledge and skills and focuses on what makes teaching and learning outstanding.
- Requires learning 3s to prepare and present at an outstanding level to the cohort of delegates for evaluation.
- Forms part of the school’s Professional Development provision as this supports the implementation of agreed best practice and national agendas.
- Provides strong input on the progression against the professional standards of excellence and advanced skills teachers. This programme is crucial for teachers involved in developing Leadership in Teaching and Learning.
“I’ve really benefitted from the reminder to constantly check my own practice and not to get too comfortable.”
The Programme consists of 2 full days and 8 half day facilitated sessions over a 10 week period.
“I loved the cross federation working groups.”
Applicants would need to demonstrate:
- Excellence in their own teaching as evidenced in lesson observations, work scrutinies and progress and attainment data for the students they teach.
- A commitment to their Professional Development and the development of others in their school, with the ability to truly reflect on their practice, including using student feedback to evaluate the impact of their teaching.
- A strong commitment to the school’s Professional Learning Programme.
“I learned new skills in coaching.”
For more information about the Outstanding Teacher Programme please contact:
ATLAS Teaching School Alliance,
Jerningham Road, London, SE14 5NY
T: 0207 652 9510
F: 0207 652 9520