NQT Training and Development
All NQTs follow a year long NQT induction programme that is carefully designed to be an effective bridge between initial teacher training and a career in teaching.
NQTs in our Alliance engage in a range of ‘core’ and ‘optional’ workshops, courses, seminars and lectures all supported by weekly mentoring by an expert teacher. The result is a bespoke programme of support, tailored to the evolving needs of NQTs throughout the year, enabling them to evidence how their performance meets the Teacher Standards at the expected level by the end of the induction period.
Further, due to the flexibility that has been built into the programme and the wider professional learning opportunities, NQTs are encouraged to develop leadership skills and experience to support early promotion.
ATLAS TSA are delighted to be delivering the Secondary NQT Induction Programme for Lewisham schools during 2017-2018.
- The programme has been designed to complement your school’s own NQT induction programme. It is informed by feedback from NQTs and coordinators from previous programmes
- Our NQT sessions provide an opportunity for secondary NQTs to meet, reflect on and share their practice with NQTs working within different contexts.
- Each NQT session will be led by outstanding practioners and leaders from ATLAS Teaching School Alliance. Their quality input will support NQTs in meeting the required Teachers’ Standards.
“This year as an NQT I have been given a reduced timetable, assigned a supportive mentor and also been given the opportunity to attend additional weekly CPD for NQTs to ensure I have the time and support necessary to professionally develop. I was also given the opportunity to attend the Outstanding Teachers Programme to develop my teaching practice, share best practice and ensure consistent outstanding practice “
1.00 – 3.30
|FREE LA NQT welcome reception and networking event (cross-phase)
A light lunch and information about the induction period will be provided at this event.
|28/11/17||Strategies for success in the NQT year (including time management, wellbeing & problem solving discussion group)|
|16/01/18||Planning to meet needs of all learners|
|20/03/18||Use of data for progress and challenge|
|01/05/18||Language for learning|
|12/06/18||How do I engage my pupils in learning through assessment?|
|3/07/18||Strategies for success revisited: wellbeing, professional development and career progression opportunities beyond the NQT year|
“It has made me think about my practice and my professional development.”
There are 6 sessions over the course of the year and an additional conference for NQTs and NQTs + 1 (tbc).
All of the sessions are at Haberdashers’ Aske’s Hatcham College Free School SE 14 5SE on Tuesday afternoons. 4.30 – 6.00 pm
There are 2 pricing options:
- £265 per NQT in maintained schools/ £285 per NQT in non maintained schools
- (6 sessions for the price of 5 and half price conference)
- £40 per NQT per session in maintained schools/ £45 per NQT in non maintained schools
- £125 conference (£100 early bird rate until 30 September)
“The session was really interactive and perfectly timed to help me think about how best to use assessment to further my students’ learning. As this is the first time I have sole responsibility for a year 11 class, this was much needed.”
This programme is open to all Secondary NQTs.
“There were great opportunities to reflect and collaborate with others. I’ve now got a wider support network and contacts in lots of local schools. “
To book a place on the Secondary NQT Programme please send an email with the NQT’s name, subject, school and professional mentor’s contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org