Improving Teacher Programme
Designed by experienced and successful school leaders this highly effective programme provides teachers with the opportunity to hone their skills and teaching strategies and enables them to:
- Provide their pupils with the best possible learning experience.
- Improve standards in their classrooms and schools.
- Increase their job satisfaction and quality of experience.
- Work more effectively as active members of their school team.
This programme has many benefits, including helping staff to consistently deliver good quality lessons that have a measureable impact on pupil performance.
“A different way of approaching teaching – has made me think.”
- Provides in-depth coaching to deepen teachers’ understanding of outstanding classroom practice.
- Participants improve through facilitated practice activities as structured opportunities to reflect on teaching approaches and their quality of impact.
- Supports a wider range of teaching activities, including: planning lessons, starter activities, plenary sessions.
- Supports the aims and implementation of the school’s improvement plans.
- Forms part of the Professional Development provision or entitlement for staff development within the school’s improvement plan.
- Questioning techniques, engaging in learning, challenging learning, assessment and differentiation strategies.
“It has made me think about my practice and my professional development.”
The programme consists of 3 half days and 2 full day facilitated sessions over a 5 week period. The work of these teachers is supported by a mentor at each school who attends the first and final session and support the teachers programme in their schools. This is an important coaching role that is pivotal to the success of the delegates. On completion, colleagues will be observed by their Line managers to assess the impact of the programme on teaching practice.
“Great examples of expectations for effective teachers at Haberdashers, allowing me to implement them.”
This programme is open to all teachers who want to improve their teaching and want to learn how to deliver consistently good lessons matching theory with application.
Applications to this programme can also be supported by the recommendations of Line Managers on the basis of lesson observations, student performance data or work scrutinies.
“There were great opportunities to observe other subjects and teachers.”
For more information about the Improving Teacher Programme please contact:
ATLAS Teaching School Alliance,
Jerningham Road, London, SE14 5NY
T: 0207 652 9510
F: 0207 652 9520
Improving Teacher Programme
Updated to July 2018
The next Improving Teacher Programme is due to start on June 13th 2018. Please email email@example.com if you would like to book a space on the course.
|Session Topic||ITP 3|
|What does good ‘quality of learning’ in the classroom look like||13th June (AM)|
|Starters and plenaries||19th June (AM)|
|Assessment and Questioning||27th June (all day)|
|Differentiation||3rd July (PM)|
|Teaching a lesson||11th July (PM)|